Sunday, May 15, 2011

Thank You

For the last few months it has become harder and harder to put out material that I believe is up to the standards I originally set out to fulfill. The analysis has slowly become shorter and less in depth. I feel as though I am saying the same thing over and over again. Of course this can't be completely avoided when dealing with such specific subject matter, but this does not mitigate the fact that I do not feel like I can keep up and give this blog the attention it deserves. So it is with this in mind that I must rest and regroup before I  continue. I need some time to determine what I want to write about and how to go about it. It may come that I will continue with this blog a few months down the road, or it may be that I start a new one. I will let you know as soon as I do.

Thank you to everyone that has enjoyed this blog. Even in the age where publishing one's self is so simple that it renders the weight of being published meaningless, it has still been an immense privilege to write for you twice a month for the last year and a quarter. Thanks mostly to my friends that are readers. You were often the reason I kept going, pushing myself become a better writer and find more music to analyze. Just knowing that there were real people out there reading and having opinions about work that I put out has been amazing. It would have been a much shorter run without you.

I will return.

Thank you,
Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment