Saturday, May 15, 2010

No Children

Today we visit a 6/8 Irish ballad style song that paints a picture so filled with hate and so void of hope that the world the song creates collapses in on itself. For Dom, this is No Children by The Mountain Goats.

"No Children" by The Mountain Goats from Tallahassee



Note: There is no official video for this song. This is easily the best and most closely related fan video I've found by far.


"I hope our few remaining friends give up on trying to save us." - I already have

"I hope we come out with a failsafe plot to piss off the dumb few that forgave us" - How stupid are they?

"I hope the fences we mended fall down beneath their own weight" - Let's tear it all down.

"and I hope we hang on past the last exit. I hope it's already too late." - Full on 'till morning.

"And I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down," - I hope it all burns down.

"and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again." - because I am done with this life.


"In my life I hope I lie and tell everyone you were a good wife." - because I am a better person than you.

"And I hope you die" - I hate you.
"I hope we both die" - You have ruined me.



"I hope I cut myself shaving tomorrow. I hope it bleeds all day long." - It wouldn't matter. At least it's a different kind of pain.

"Our friends say it's darkest before the sun rises, we're pretty sure they're all wrong." - They have no clue.

"I hope it stays dark forever. I hope the worst isn't over." - There is no point in anything ever getting better.

"and I hope you blink before I do." - 'cause Fuck you.

"and I hope I never get sober." - because then I'd have to deal with this.

"and I hope when you think of me years down the line you don't have one good thing to say." - Cause FUCK YOU and whatever the fuck YOU have to say about ME!

"and I'd hope that if I'd found the strength to walk out you'd stay the hell out of my way." - bet you wouldn't, cunt.

"I am drowning. There is no sign of land." - I've been swimming way too long.

"You are coming down with me. Hand in unlovable hand." - 'Till death ...

"And I hope you die." - I hope you die.
"I hope we both die." - I hope we both die.

No comments:

Post a Comment